Big News!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Big News!

Post by Axis Genesis on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:26 am

I would have posted in the announcement section, but seeing as I don't exactly have the necessary credentials to do so. I will make do with what I can for now. But onto the point at hand.

I have decided to try and revive the site yet again from the shadows of obscurity. As I am sure some other members could agree. It is down right shame to see it fall short of success. While in the past it did so well to drive a story and a dedicated community with it. Now look at it. Empty and without a single word to it's cause. I personally believe, ever since the implementation of the newly designed stat system was the biggest buzz kill. And so on that information I have decided it is probably best to reboot the site back to the original system it was made upon. With a few tweaks here and there of course to keep it functional and reasonable. But only a few.

In past the older system accomplished much more than most ever thought possible on this site. Leading to brilliant plots from every angle and community involvement that is rare hard to find on most other role-play sites. I truly believe the older system is much more beneficial to the cause if we are to make this site what it once was. Or at the very least, to bring it back to working order. Though some may disagree. I hold the belief that much more is accomplish through returning the site to it's original design.

However, that does not mean I will reject any ideas that people may want to give towards the reboot. All opinions and ideas would be given appropriate consideration. As it is us collectively, in contributions, that make this site. Driving it forward to deserved glory.

With all this said and out in the open. I would like to bring a few important things to attention for those of you who are taking the time to read this. Yes, I will be returning the site to it's original system. With minor adjustments, as previous mentioned. How long this will take is dependant on time available to me. Though I have gotten in contact with a few people and hopefully with their help I can get the site up to par within a reasonable amount of time. I have also contact one of the member of the original staff to let them now what is taking place. This is to assure, if they do return in the future. That there is no panic to be had about what is happening here. I have fully explained my intentions and have warned them ahead of time. Hopefully they understand, and will not take harshly to what will take place. As I do respect all they have done for this site and it's users. To the highest of degrees.

So without further delay. Ladies, Gentlemen, and All Variant Between. I welcome you back to Eternal Chaos. Here's hoping to a grand reopening real soon.

Also, if you have opinions or suggestions of any kind you would like to voice. Please do post them here. I'm open for discussion. Any input from any of you is precious.

Your's Respectfully

Axis Genesis
Axis Genesis
Veteran User
Veteran User

Male Number of posts : 46

Status
Currency: 5000 munny

Back to top Go down

Re: Big News!

Post by Primula Kazama on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:37 am

Huzzah! Drink's all 'round!!!

|~Profile~|
Primula Kazama
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male Number of posts : 7129
Humor : Basically, run!

Status
Currency: 307,750 Munny

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimos Ishida on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Mmm...alright, I'll allow this experiment. If it's successful, I'll promote you to mod. If it's not...well I suppose it was a good try. Good luck to ya, kid
Daimos Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2312
Humor : I forgot....something to do with two elephants, a monkey, and a tube of KY....not necessarily in that order

Status
Currency: Infinite

Back to top Go down

Post by Axis Genesis on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks to the both of you.

And Daimos, though I may not be able to guarantee it 100%. I'm sure as hell going to try sir.

The Eternal Flame of Darkness
Pumpkin Queen of Halloween Town
Profile ~ Themes
| ♠ | | ♣
Axis Genesis
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimos Ishida on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Addendum to my previous statement: If it doesn't work there's another variant of the stat system I'd like to try, but we'll see how your experiment works out first.
Daimos Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Humor : I forgot....something to do with two elephants, a monkey, and a tube of KY....not necessarily in that order

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Axis Genesis on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:31 pm

If that is the case, you sure you don't want to take about it before hand? For all it's worth, it might be a better solution than what I'm suggestion. Wont know unless you explain further.

Profile ~ Themes
| ♠ | | ♣
Axis Genesis
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimos Ishida on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Well the variant of the stat system is a bit more diverse, instead of the 4 stats there's 8, but they allow a bit more freedom. If your plan works out, it may actually work better with this new stat system than the old one, that's why I'm letting you do your plan first to see.
Daimos Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Axis Genesis on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Alright, just let me know if you change your mind at least. I'm more than curious to hear what you have to input on this matte boss man.

Profile ~ Themes
| ♠ | | ♣
Axis Genesis
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Axis Genesis on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:44 am

Sorry folks, been away for a little.

Keep in mind. I do still intend to have the site up and running again. I'll have more time to sort out stuff now that I'm done my semester and on holidays.

Really, the only thing that slows me down the most. Is the response from D-Man. He has a system which I think will benefit the site rather well. So I just need to know if he has the okay to use it. So that I can redo a couple of things to fit the system to be implemented.

Hopefully he will get back to me soon.

Happy Holidays to you all!

- Axis Genesis,

Profile ~ Themes
| ♠ | | ♣
Axis Genesis
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Axis Genesis on Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:41 am

Still no word from Boss Man yet.

Sent him another PM. Hopefully he'll get it.

- Axis Genesis,

Profile ~ Themes
| ♠ | | ♣
Axis Genesis
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down