RIP in peace

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RIP in peace

Post by Riven on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:03 am

It's always sad when this site dies.

Most of us that are still here have been here for a very long time.

I remember thinking not long ago that I'd be here forever, no matter what came up in my life.

Then we just kinda.. stopped coming. Activity died down, only a few topics were actually being "done". For a while, I'm pretty sure Zach and Alex were the only people even posting anymore.

I miss this site's old days.

What's your guys' favorite memory of this site?

I think my favorite memory of this place was back during the patent frenzy. I wish I could find the original patent thread, that was a glorious read.
Riven
Forum User
Forum User

Male Number of posts : 24

Status
Currency: 5000 munny

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP in peace

Post by Ru'eren on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:54 am

I am waiting more on a reply. I guess I can go finishing and make a topic, looking for other replies. If you would be interested in biting.

To answer the topic, my favorite memory is a running one. As in, it's not a single memory, it is the the whole life of this site at a single glace. From the moment of its creation up to now. Everything about this site I have loved. The creation of new things, the people that have come, the laughs that were shared, the arguments that sometimes made friends stronger with another.

The site already slowed to a halt once and then picked back up before slowing down again. The site might just be destined to be more for friends than with a large crowd of people.
Ru'eren
Veteran User
Veteran User

Male Number of posts : 72

Status
Currency: 4030 munny

Back to top Go down

Post by Xendraw on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:02 pm

I personally believe that the site will pick up again once Kingdom Hearts 3 is released. I believe that the site only picked up again because of the release of Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.

But, my favorite memory would be when I first came to this site. Long before I had ever planned on being a Cybertronian, I wanted to be an Earthbender from the Avatar: The Last Airbender series. I don't know why, but that's it.

Xendraw
Forum User
Forum User

Male Number of posts : 50

Status
Currency: 37750 munny

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail Parker on Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:39 pm

I really hope this isn't it. It'd suck to have this place die again. (Btw, Riv, thanks for getting to this before me. I didn't wanna have to post a topic like this a second time.)

Favorite memory...? Reading all the character apps. I always had fun (and sometimes shook my head and pulled an AVGN, "What were they THINKING?!") reading up on all the different characters the people here created.
Abigail Parker
Veteran User
Veteran User

Male Number of posts : 4494
Humor : I rode Blaine the Mono at Lud Station, and all I got was a stupid t-shirt.

Status
Currency: 41430 munny

Back to top Go down

Post by Riven on Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:40 pm

I, too, hope this site never truly dies...
Riven
Forum User
Forum User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Riven on Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Anyone want to make characters and just play a whole plotline out?
Riven
Forum User
Forum User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Ru'eren on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:36 pm

I think I have created enough characters on my end so far. Good variety of classes too. That, plus being an Admin, will let me be able to give a few extra cool things into the mix.
Ru'eren
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Xendraw on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:42 am

Sure. But I won't start it unless I know that we got enough people to get a good story going.

Xendraw
Forum User
Forum User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonstars on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:03 am

Im in and to tell the truth nothing stand out during my time here, srry.
dragonstars
Forum User
Forum User

Male Number of posts : 34
Humor : All and any

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Riven on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:02 am

The way I'm seeing it in my head, we'll all start fresh and the characters will have little to no connection to each other directly. We can create the story as we go, but the whole god-plot and already-created characters are irrelevant. We can create our own enemies to fight on each world or use the heartless, that'll be up to a majority decision. We'lll all start on one of the three world (Destiny, Twilight or Traverse; again, majority decision) and meet up and get off the planet at the same time.

Opinions so far?
Riven
Forum User
Forum User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Ru'eren on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Everyone wanting can also just make a new account. For the time being, I will create a random group and this random group can see a hidden board that only we will have access to. Instead of hopping around worlds and involving people that we wouldn't want a part of, we can stick to this one board and periodically start a new topic for world hopping, or such.

That is, unless you would like to allow the random people, who are not involved, to chime in every once in a while to have their random input. If not, we can all control several NPCs, alongside our main characters. These accounts will be allowed several main characters and several extra characters. The way I am going to get away with this is that these accounts can never be integrated into the main site's story at any time. The characters can come in as extra characters to your main accounts or NPCs, but the newly created accounts will never be allowed to join this site as an actual account.

Edit:
These accounts will also get an easier character creation template and characters do not need to be approved before use. However, I will put my hand in if things start to go a little out of hand with over powered characters. Other than that, all abilities and skills wont need to be approved, summons, forms, you wont need them approved either. I might just give an easier level up system too, one that is based on story rather than experience.

I was thinking more along the lines of full roleplay, no stats. Only starts are the allocation of points from magic to strength, evasion, potency, defense, magical defense. Depending on how your points stack up to opponents, you are given either an advantage or disadvantage, but the rest is just full roleplay style. Will be easier than it sounds.

This also means that the abilities will just have effects and, maybe, times usable or points to take from a main pool. Summons will be done the same way and probably have either a health or post limit of life. Forms can be unlimited, probably only a select few you can take from at the start and level up for more abilities.
Ru'eren
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Riven on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:14 pm

That sounds amazing, Mitsu.
Riven
Forum User
Forum User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Ru'eren on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Another update is that the board wont be hidden, but instead locked. That way others can see that the site is still active, in some areas. We wouldn't be disturbed and others can then decide to join in, if they wanted. All they would have to do is know the rules we will decide to put in place for this area.
Ru'eren
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Riven on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:31 am

Sounds good. Post the template here first so anyone interested can do their character?
Riven
Forum User
Forum User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Ru'eren on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Based off the other to make it simpler, but the stats might be a little more difficult. The reason for that is I am going to try and base how hard a fight is based on the difference of points, then carry the rest out solely on RP ability. If all else, I'm taking stats out if it starts to get too complicated.

Name: (What is your character's name?)

Biographical Information:
Nationality: (Where were you born?)
Age: (How old are you? Unknown is not an acceptable reply.)
Birth Date: (When were you born? Just the Month and Date, no year.)

Physical Description:
Height: (How tall is your character?)
Weight: (How much do they weight?)
Picture/description: (You may only need a picture if you'd like.)

Personal Information:
Weapon of Choice: (What type of weapons does your character favor?)
Fighting Style: (How does your character like to fight?)
Passive Ability: (What can your character do automatically?)

Stats: (You start with 20 to allocate, and you get 10 more points to spread between them each level)
Strength: (Physical Damage)
Intellect: (Magical Damage)
Vitality: (Health)
Armor: (Physical Defense)
Mind: (Magical Defense)

Chronological and Political Information:
Profession: (What class are you? (Link at bottom))
Personality: (How does your character act?)

Background History: (Short synopsis of life.)

Code:
[b][i]Name:[/i] [/b]

[b]Biographical Information:[/b]
[i]Nationality:[/i]
[i]Age:[/i]
[i]Birth Date:[/i]

[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[i]Gender:[/i]
[i]Height:[/i]
[i]Weight:[/i]
[i]Picture/description:[/i]

[b]Personal Information:[/b]
[i]Weapon of Choice:[/i]
[i]Fighting Style:[/i]
[i]Passive Ability:[/i]

[b]Stats:[/b] (30 to allocate +10 for every level beyond level 1)
[i]Strength:[/i] 10
[i]Intellect[/i]: 10
[i]Vitality[/i]: 10
[i]Armor[/i]: 10
[i]Mind[/i]: 10

[b]Chronological and Political Information:[/b]
[i]Profession:[/i]
[i]Personality:[/i]
[i]Background History:[/i]

[Classes/Professions]
Ru'eren
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Riven on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Seems good Mitsu.
Riven
Forum User
Forum User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonstars on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:36 am

Ok where do we put this
dragonstars
Forum User
Forum User

Male Number of posts : 34
Humor : All and any

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Illia on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:59 am

Illia
Forum User
Forum User

Number of posts : 2

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Armando Storm on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:14 am

Look like i'm unable to post. Btw i dragonstars
Armando Storm
Forum User
Forum User

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimos Ishida on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:50 am

You had to be added to the group, you should be able to post now
Daimos Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2312
Humor : I forgot....something to do with two elephants, a monkey, and a tube of KY....not necessarily in that order

Status
Currency: Infinite

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Ambrosius on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:14 am

Wow. I was wondering what was up.

Looks like another hurrah. I'm not sure how this whole plot business works, but, I really wanna get back to writing. (Personal events have utterly destroyed my creativity. But, I'm back!)

...Someone wanna tell me what all this is about?

Simon Ambrosius
Forum User
Forum User

Number of posts : 41

Status
Currency: 5845 munny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ru'eren on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:32 pm

With the recent inactivity, due to real life and school work getting in the way, we have decided to make a smaller story that wouldn't require the use of a lot of people. Instead, each member, who would like to be a part of this new story, can have the ability to make an infinite amount of characters they want. Whether these characters be main, extra, NPC, enemies, etc. As I have told the others, the catch to that is you need to make a new account and these accounts can never integrate into the main site at any point in time for whatever reason.
Ru'eren
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Primula Kazama on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:54 am

Er, yeah. Sorry. To be honest, I kinda stopped with a lot of things; RPing, writing, etc, because I've been really stressed, financially and personally. But I should be good soon, and I think things will start picking up. I think I understand what's goin' on here, and I agree; I don't want this site to die. I miss roleplaying. And I miss all of you.

|~Profile~|
Primula Kazama
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male Number of posts : 7129
Humor : Basically, run!

Status
Currency: 307,750 Munny

Back to top Go down

Post by Xendraw on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:23 pm

Sheesh, it's like I'm the only one that sees that pattern. Seriously. Look at when the site has been most active, then reference those dates to the dates that Kingdom Hearts games have been released. We get surges of members and activity relative to when a Kingdom Hearts game comes out. I've been saying this, and I'll say it again. KH3 is coming. The site will live.

Xendraw
Forum User
Forum User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisV2 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:48 am

Probably my favorite experiences on this site were the God creation saga, when Alex and Kilam kept using that annoying as fuck language that I always tried to figure out, also all the times I begged alex for admin powers and got shot down.
ChrisV2
Forum User
Forum User

Number of posts : 2

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next