Elemental Interaction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elemental Interaction

Post by Link on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:13 am

...Okay, so, going off what data I can find? We have the following elements.

Fire
Water
Earth
Wind
Ice
Lightning
Light
Darkness
Void
Life
Death
Nature

These are pretty straightforward. And, while some of them have balance issues (I'm looking at you, Wind), they're pretty straightforward in how they interact. ...However...

Spirit
Treasure
Poison
Dragon
Steel

...Okay. Um. ...What? Again, some of them are pretty simple. Poison and Steel are straightforward enough. I dunno how they necessarialy interact with other elements, but, whatever. ...I don't quite see how Dragon is an element. And, I'm a Pokemon nerd. But, Treasure Elementals? Spirit is pretty-well described, but, looks like it has balance issues, since, as I understand, it's the "Element of Everything".

I suppose my questions here are, while annoying, somewhat unanswered. At least, where I can find.

How do some of the more vague elements work in Magic? (Is Dragon supposed to be the shouts from Skyrim? Treasure attacks? WTF is Spirit?)

How are these elements meant to work with a weapon, or a piece of armor?

And, when elements clash, what dominates what?

Link
Forum User
Forum User

Number of posts : 10

Status
Currency: 5000 munny

Back to top Go down

Re: Elemental Interaction

Post by Daimos Ishida on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 am

Okay, let's see if I can put this in a way that's not confusing and makes sense.

Elements that beat out other elements
Fire > Ice, Nature, Steel, Poison (Ice melts in heat, Nature is burned, Steel is heated/melted at extreme temperatures, Poison is killed by extreme temperatures.)

Water > Fire

Earth > Fire, Lightning (Earth can smother Fire, Lightning is grounded by Earth.)

Ice > Nature, Water (Ice withers Nature, Ice freezes Water.)

Lightning > Ice, Steel (Ice cannot conduct electricity very well, Steel conducts electricity extremely well.)

Poison > Nature, Life, Wind (Poison kills Nature and Life, Wind spreads Poison)

Elements that stand on equal ground
Fire = Wind, Light, Lightning (Wind can be used to smother Fire, but at the same time Wind can also fuel Fire. Fire creates Light, adversely concentrated Light can create Fire. Lightning/electricity creates Fire)

Earth = Wind, Water, Nature (Wind and Water can erode Earth, but at the same time Earth can block Wind/Water. Earth feeds Nature, but Nature also cannot live without Earth)

Light = Darkness, Lightning (Light creates Darkness/shadows, adversely Darkness can block out Light. Lightning/electricity creates flashes of Light)

Life = Death, Light, Spirit (Life and Death go hand in hand, Light is considered a product of Life, Life and Spirit are considered the same)

Neutral elements
Void
Treasure
Dragon

Elements that are weak against others receive a 50% increased damage penalty from attacks of their opposing element(s). If an element stands on equal ground as another, there is no increased damage should said elements clash. Neutral elements gain no bonuses from clashing with other elements and as such deal the same amount of damage regardless. (An example of this would be "True" damage in League of Legends.)

Hopefully this helps clear things up. If there are any questions feel free to ask me.
Daimos Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2312
Humor : I forgot....something to do with two elephants, a monkey, and a tube of KY....not necessarily in that order

Status
Currency: Infinite

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top