Worst Movie Ever?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worst Movie Ever?

Post by The Doctor on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:00 pm

What, in your opinion, is the worst movie you've ever seen? Give some details on why, too.
The Doctor
Veteran User
Veteran User

Female Number of posts : 130
Humor : Jokes? I don't know any jokes...

Status
Currency: 99,999,999 Munny

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Movie Ever?

Post by Abigail Parker on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:06 pm

Oh, easy. Highlander: The Source. Ohhh, how I hate it.

First off, it's a Highlander sequel. When have those EVER been good? (Aside from The Search for Vengeance. Though it's not really a sequel. It's a standalone thing.) Second nail in the coffin: It wasn't even direct-to-video/DVD. It was a direct-to-TV movie. Nail tres: It's a Sci Fi Channel (Oh, I'm sorry. "ScyFy." >_>) original movie. Again, have those ever been of any sort of quality? And finally, it completely disregards the continuity of the television series. Big surprise there. And don't even get me STARTED on the way The Guardian is portrayed. Or what they did to the Queen soundtrack from the original movie. Or how it completely rapes continuity by introducing this "Holy Grail of immortality" that has never been mentioned before.

Fuck this movie.
Abigail Parker
Veteran User
Veteran User

Male Number of posts : 4494
Humor : I rode Blaine the Mono at Lud Station, and all I got was a stupid t-shirt.

Status
Currency: 41430 munny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:12 pm

Good pick, good pick.

Personally I'd go with Eragon's movie. There are so many reasons it's not even funny.

First off, the entire movie was done very poorly in every single aspect. It literally consumed the essence of the Inheritance Cycle, chewed it up and shit it out into this disgusting half-breed of a movie. I've seen the movie exactly once, and I never plan to see it again. I don't recall if they got a single aspect of the book correct, except maybe the names and shit. Perhaps the biggest failure in the movie was the complete lack of the Isidar Mithrim (star sapphire) which was an amazing aspect the book had, especially considering the story behind it and everything.

The Inheritance Cycle, in my opinion, was on par with the Lord of the Rings series for the books- but the movie... dear god the movie.

The only redeeming factor of the movie was having Robert Carlyle play Durza the Shade. That man can exude evil.

EDIT: You know what? No. I'm not done here. All of the following have been obtained from the Eragon wikia. I can't finish this list because it's driving me insane just looking at all the errors, but come the fuck on.

Book Movie
Eragon is described having brown hair and brown eyes.Eragon had blond hair and blue eyes.
Eragon was fifteen at the start of the story.Eragon was seventeen at the start of the story.
The gedwëy ignasia mark that Eragon receives on the palm of his hand is a silvery oval.The gedwëy ignasia is in the shape of an 'e' and is placed on the proximal of the thumb.
Saphira's egg hatched before Roran's departure.
Saphira has been lying in her egg for about a hundred years.
Saphira's egg hatches after Roran leaves.
Saphira tells Eragon she has "waited a thousand years to hear his thoughts".
Saphira's scales are intense blue, she has bat-like wings with membranes and scales and she has white bone neck-back-and-tail spikes along with two white fangs that protrude from her mouth. Saphira is a rather dull grayish blue, and has feathers. And she has no spikes and her fangs do not show out of her mouth.
Saphira breathes fire near the climax of the final battle, and uses it to distract Durza so Eragon can kill him. Her fire is blue to match her scales.Saphira starts to breath fire right before the battle begins, and uses it to kill many enemies during the battle. Her fire is orange.
Saphira grows to full size at a quick rate, but her growth is not instantaneous. She learns to fly due to her own natural instincts, and her ancestral knowledge. She started speaking to Eragon a few days after she was born. Eragon names Saphira after learning a number of dragon names from Brom.Saphira flies with the help of Eragon, who throws her up in the air. During the flight, she becomes fully grown, and starts speaking to Eragon through her thoughts. Saphira declares her name to Eragon after her growth.
Arya is described having raven dark black hair, green eyes, and pointed ears. She is taller than most men, including Eragon. An elven tattoo is on her right shoulder.Arya has reddish-gold hair, blue eyes, and human ears. She is slightly shorter than Eragon. It is never shown or mentioned that she has a tattoo, or may not have one
Arya wears dark-colored clothing, particularly black leather.Arya wears light colored clothing. Even her armor is lightly colored.
Arya has a cold, stiff, no-nonsense personality, especially towards Eragon. She treats him coldly, almost demeaningly, and shows no romantic affection.Arya acts warmly towards Eragon. She even appears to be attracted to him romantically, as she tells him they "might meet each other again soon."
Arya's body is covered all over with slashes, cuts, and bruises, received from being imprisoned & tortured in Gil'ead.
Arya is in self induced coma all the time before reaching the Varden
Arya doesn't show any signs of such torture.

Arya is awake and speaks to Eragon with words
Brom has a long white beard, silver hair, a carved staff, an elven ring, and a pipe.
Brom is killed by the Ra'zac
Brom has a short gray beard, gray hair, and no carved staff or pipe or elven ring.
Brom is killed by Durza
Murtagh's hair is brown.Murtagh's hair is black.
Murtagh's scar is on his back, and goes from his right shoulder to his left hip. It is white and silvery, like scar tissue.Murtagh's scar is on his side, and horizontal. It is red and rough, like a scab.
Murtagh has a horse, sword, bow, dagger, and horn. Murtagh has only a bow.
Durza the Shade is tall and slim, with very pale skin, crimson hair, maroon eyes, sharp teeth, and ordinary fingernails.Durza the Shade is tall and slim, with very pale skin, crimson hair, maroon eyes, sharp teeth, and ordinary fingernails.
Durza's primary weapon is a sword that carries a long thin scratch on its blade from his duel with Ajihad.Durza's primary weapon is magic. He carries a sword, but does not use it.
Galbatorix is only ever mentioned; no one knows what his identifying characteristics are like (except for his "black eyes" as testified by Murtagh). He knows that the 'stone' is a dragon egg.Galbatorix makes several appearances (with a movie-director-chosen appearance). He refers to Saphira's egg as just a 'stone'.
Galbatorix does not know the location of the elven or dwarven cities.Galbatorix possesses a map that shows the exact location of every city of the elves and dwarves.
Galbatorix wants Eragon and Saphira alive (so they can join him in order to rebuild the Dragon Riders.)Galbatorix desperately wants Eragon killed so Saphira will die.
The Doctor
Veteran User
Veteran User

Female Number of posts : 130
Humor : Jokes? I don't know any jokes...

Status
Currency: 99,999,999 Munny

Back to top Go down

Post by Xendraw on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:55 pm

The Bay Transformer films.

For starters, Optimus Prime does not say, "My bad." The only one of the three that could be considered "good" was the third one, and that's barely passing. It completely missed the point of the original series, and the points of the series after them. Starscream didn't even show any plots to kill Megatron! And Soundwave COMPLETELY changed his look from the second to the third movie! Finally, IT RUINED MINIBOTS AND JETFIRE!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY! In the original G1 Series, Minibots were companions, and they were treated as either children or pets. Bay films, ONLY THREE WERE EVER SHOWN! Two of them completely independent characters, and Laserbeak NEVER went to go see Soundwave, his master! And Laserbeak DOES. NOT. SPEAK. EVER! It also COMPLETELY ruined Jetfire by having him be a Decepticon that switched sides, and by COMPLETELY ruining what combiners are like! They combine and they live! They don't sacrifice their sparks for that!

Xendraw
Forum User
Forum User

Male Number of posts : 50

Status
Currency: 37750 munny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top