Because I'm Bored: Cool Song Covers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Because I'm Bored: Cool Song Covers

Post by Abigail Parker on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:43 am

Child of the internet age I am, I spend a lot of time on the computer, with most of my time being divided between here, TV Tropes, Twitter, and Youtube. And when I'm on Youtube, I look up a lot of music from movies, video games, etc. And as such, as you can tell from the title, I'm making a topic dedicated to the best song covers you've found on Youtube, or the most horrible, if that's your thing.

Anyways, here's my personal favorite:

Now, I'm a sucker for Firefly. No, wait, that isn't the right way to say it. I'm an honest-to-God Browncoat, to the point where I inadvertently sprinkle my speech with phrases such as "gorram" and "shiny" when talking to people. As such, I've heard a lot of covers of "Ballad of Serenity," the show's intro theme, due to my love of the song. But this one has got to be the finest one I've heard in my 17 years of living on this Earth. Whoever this girl is, I tip my hat to her and would gladly drink in her honor.

So yeah. That's basically how this topic's gonna work. Put up a video of a song cover, share your thoughts, and comment on other songs featured here.

Have fun.
Abigail Parker
Veteran User
Veteran User

Male Number of posts : 4494
Humor : I rode Blaine the Mono at Lud Station, and all I got was a stupid t-shirt.

Status
Currency: 41430 munny

Back to top Go down

Re: Because I'm Bored: Cool Song Covers

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:12 am

I'm into some piano-driven bands as well as folk rock so he're a few covers I like. I play piano and guitar too btw. I have more but I'll post as the thread goes along.

His vocals aren't outstanding or anything but it's pretty good to be honest. I personally love this song and love covering it too so I guess my opinion over it is kinda biased. But it's a great song and the dude pulled it off pretty well. He I think he added the harmonic voice from the actual band into his just for the fyi.

Like I said, I'm into piano driven bands so when I heard this guy do Vienna by the Fray I had high expectations and this guy delivered. He doesn't sing any of the vocals but he does play through the lyrics unlike other covers I've seen but I guess that's because he is doing it by ear.

And Zach that vid is amazing! She's awesome! I love her singing voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Primula Kazama on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Just an all around kick-ass tune. Get's me pumped.

|~Profile~|
Primula Kazama
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male Number of posts : 7129
Humor : Basically, run!

Status
Currency: 307,750 Munny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content