Suggestion?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestion?

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:28 am

Since there isn't a place for this, I thought I'd put it here...

Well, I come to an RP site to, well, ROLE-play. Not ACTUALLY play an RPG.
I got a message saying something about why I stopped coming. This is why. I don't want to play an RPG, I want to role-play. There is a difference. As in, the weapons and all that? Yeah, that's retarded. And then the HP system is just STUPID.
Well, that's my reason... If it gets changed, let me know.

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion?

Post by Abigail Parker on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:54 am

*Cough* Well, hate to say it, but we've had this setup for about 3 years, give or take. We've made tweaks here and there, but not a major overhaul (that worked). And if my memory serves correctly (which it usually doesn't, but whatever), the last guy that bitched about the system we employed was just ignored, and he just disappeared...

So... yeah. *Drops a suitcase in front of Zack* See ya. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Abigail Parker
Veteran User
Veteran User

Male Number of posts : 4494
Humor : I rode Blaine the Mono at Lud Station, and all I got was a stupid t-shirt.

Status
Currency: 41430 munny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuki Ishida on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:59 am

You do realize you can get away with only making a character and then only RPing. You don't have to make weapons, forms, or use the health at all. We are not going to change something you are not required to use because you just don't like the idea of having it around you. Thanks for coming back to say hi, though!
Mitsuki Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Male Number of posts : 4070

Status
Currency: Infinite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:09 am

WELL! Fuck you too! I didn't know we could get by without using it! Damn, couldn't have told me without saying "get the hell off the site because you don't like the system the rest of us does"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuki Ishida on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:56 am

That was Zach who said that, and you should expect no less than that with anything he says. If you had told us you wanted an RP place and not an RPG place, you would have known sooner that you could have gotten away with not making anything but a character and only doing what you were looking for: RPing.
If you like, I can just set your health and mana to zero so people know you are taking the option of only RPing and not using the creation section.
Mitsuki Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Zack, you don't have to fight and use the battle system in topics. It's only an option to make the site more enjoyable for other users who want more to do then just talk in RPing topics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:16 pm

Yes please, thank you, alex.
(Zach sucks, PASS IT ON lol joke)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuki Ishida on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:50 pm

So, I guess we got someone to stay on the site. Yay!
Now we need other people. I spent a lot of time to make the site, so did Daimos and Kyle. I'd hate to see it just sit here alone. Granted not all ideas are good, or not just good at first, but they can be better. We need like a big revamp party on Christmas. Everything that isn't just working will be taken out, or changed, then everything we are lacking will be added.
For those who still just hate the classes, I added that one new class so you can basically have the option of no class at first. I fixed it there (but to make it like the others, level one is everything is two lowers than you are.... So it sucks until you are level 6, then you get everything at your level. To make up, though, there is that final level of your second class.)
Mitsuki Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:46 am

If you don't want this site to die, there's simple solution: Make a damn advertisement for the site. Pull that off and I can guarantee people will come. >.>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Cloud, I just figured that out, lol, I don't RP for battles, I RP to expand on my writing skills XD.
On another note, It's really annoying to not be able to RP in Midgar. Gr... That should be adjusted as well, like, if we don't ACTUALLY battle, then why would the lvl of the monsters/heartless (whatever) matter to me/us?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Zack Fair wrote:Cloud, I just figured that out, lol, I don't RP for battles, I RP to expand on my writing skills XD.
On another note, It's really annoying to not be able to RP in Midgar. Gr... That should be adjusted as well, like, if we don't ACTUALLY battle, then why would the lvl of the monsters/heartless (whatever) matter to me/us?

They still matter because just because you don't battle, your character is still weak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuki Ishida on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:44 pm

It is not so much that the monsters are too strong, we just say that for RP purposes. The main reason is to get you to stay on the site and work to get new things That, and if we just give you all the worlds at once, then you would have topics in all the higher "cooler" worlds and not the low ones. Just so all worlds get some topics.
Mitsuki Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:18 pm

But Alex, Destiny Islands is FAR cooler than Wonderland. And Twilight Town is more fun than The End of the World.
*ignores ixaz because his post makes no sense*

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimos Ishida on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Wait wait wait....lemme get this straight...
You want us to change a World RPing system that's been in place since this place was Trinity (Both with and without Jason/Riku/Haydies)....because of your opinion on how cool the worlds are? ...And who are you again?
Daimos Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2312
Humor : I forgot....something to do with two elephants, a monkey, and a tube of KY....not necessarily in that order

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuki Ishida on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:16 pm

It's quite alright Daimos... just go back in your own little world and continue making skills for your almost grown-up children.
Mitsuki Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimos Ishida on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:19 pm

Two things:
1- Shut it Derek
2- It's not alright. I'm not about to change a system that's been working for almost 10 years because some kid thinks one world is cooler than another. And in case you haven't already picked up on it, I personally could care less whether you go or stay.
Daimos Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Humor : I forgot....something to do with two elephants, a monkey, and a tube of KY....not necessarily in that order

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuki Ishida on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:25 pm

1, make me! 2, we aren't. He said this is why he left, and we told him he doesn't have to make things if he doesn't want to. We already told him we are not about to change everything about this site just because he, one person, doesn't like want to use it.
Plus, this has nothing to do with what he thinks is a cool world and what isn't. He just said I should let him post in Midgar because he doesn't want to do the RPG system. I told him he has to wait like everyone else because it wouldn't be fair, and that it still makes people post more to try and get to better worlds.
You don't have to jump in here like that assuming something big is going to change.
Mitsuki Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:29 pm

I think he just doesn't want anything to change in "his" world. Like Alex said, go back to your own little world. The first bit was me without full info, the second was me making a comment and getting things straightened out. Actually READ everything someone says before you try making accusations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuki Ishida on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:35 pm

Quick, what is a good name for the final level of someone who is a beastmaster (yes this is a distraction, but it is a good one... I need to know to finish the Onion Knight final level!)
Mitsuki Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:43 pm

Uh... I dunno.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimos Ishida on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:17 pm

To clarify I DID read all of the information, I make sure to do that before posting something, so keep your smart-assed comments to yourself. Also, you said that you RP to improve your writing skills...if that's the case then you should probably quit while you're ahead because from what I've seen, you shouldn't be a writer. I make it a personal point to be able to tell good writers from bad ones, and you, kid, are one of the bad ones. Even Chris with his continuous run-on sentences (No offense Chris XD) is better than you. So, that being said, a new hobby is in order for you. Thank you and have a nice day cool
Daimos Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Now, I'm talking, NOT writing, there IS a difference. Besides, from what I can see, you're a filthy grammar Nazi. I, sir, spit on you. *spits at feet* and seeing as there are like 20 members, I can't see this "system", that you pride yourself so much on, working out too well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail Parker on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:52 pm

Zack, we've been down to about 5 active members before. The amount of members does not determine the effectiveness of an RP site's system. It just proves that not that many people are into this kind of thing.

Last edited by Zach Parker on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Abigail Parker
Veteran User
Veteran User

Male Number of posts : 4494
Humor : I rode Blaine the Mono at Lud Station, and all I got was a stupid t-shirt.

Status
Currency: 41430 munny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuki Ishida on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:54 pm

Spoiler:
The system is fine, the advertising is lacking. We have had quite a handful of members love the system but leave because they hate some members or having other things to do and no longer have time for the site.

Basically what Zach said. Thanks for the help.
Mitsuki Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimos Ishida on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:54 pm

Aww thank you! Though I wasn't referring to your posts here, I was referring to your RP posts. They're, well in so many words, boring and uneventful. Which is probably why they don't last too long. Also, not everyone spends night and day on RP sites. Not sure where you're getting your member count, but the one at the top only counts recent log-ins. The site actually has a little over 50 members, but due to more important circumstances (ie real life) they don't get the chance to log on as much. There're also these strange concepts called jobs and schools. I hear they take 8-10 hours out of a day, but I don't know for sure. There's another strange concept too, called friends. I hear they're people you hang out with and go do activities with, usually during afternoon/evening/nighttime. But again, I don't know. no comment
Daimos Ishida
Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top