ZELDA, The Legend Of ~ Majora's Mask

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZELDA, The Legend Of ~ Majora's Mask

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:20 pm

The game Majora's Mask, a title under the Legend of Zelda series, was an enjoyable play. The plot, though short in length, had many side-quests and alternative playing styles. Although, I will openly admit that, for me, the four hardest parts of the game were to get all the masks, to collect the fairies for the Great Fairy, collecting the fifth and sixth bottles, and, finally, to beat all four of the masked beasts in three days.

The game starts out by telling the Hero's back-story as the Hero of Time, and for those of you who have ever played/seen Nintendo's "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time," then you will be extremely familiar with the game and it's setup. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the game, do not fear, as each specific item tells you it's use. The masks range in use from being able to take a quiz, to something that makes you run twice as fast. The transforming masks can be harder or easier to get, but there are four in total. The first obtained is the Deku mask, followed by Goron, Zora and Fierce Deity. The Fierce Deity, as it's name says, is the most deadly of all the transformation masks, and it is because of that particular reason that it can only be used in boss rooms.

The game offers a pleasant alternative from Gannondorf and the Hylain route, switching over from Hyrule, the land we all know and love, to a place called Termina. It is identical to Hyrule, yet substantially different. For example, the only true town in the world is called 'Clock Town,' and it is in here that you play the first twenty minutes of the game. I remember, clearly, leaving Clock Town for the first time. The most annoying part of being on the outside of Clock Town was a specific monster on the route to Romani Ranch, also known as 'Lon Lon Ranch' by the "Zelda Veterans," like myself. To the North, South, East and West are four very different playing fields, and in each of them you must visit a temple in order to take on the boss.

As with all other games under the "The Legend Of Zelda" title, you must obtain three items in every dungeon in order to get everything else. Those items are the Compass, the Map, and the Boss Key. My favorite dungeon, for good reason, is the Snowhead Temple. I wouldn't be able to formulate a good reason as to why, it just... is. There are four temples: Swamp, Snow, Ocean and Desert. Technically, you can access any temple at any point in the game, but you require something only obtainable in the last temple in order to get to the next one. For example, In order to get to the Swamp Temple, you need human link. To get to Snowhead, you need the Bow, which you get in the Swamp. To get to the ocean, you need a specific item to unlock Romani Ranch in order to get your horse and jump the gate into the Ocean. And, in order to get to the Desert, you need to have the Hookshot, something you get in the Ocean Temple.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask offers an interesting play. You have three days to complete your task, which would be considered impossible, if not for the alternatives. One specific alternative would be the fact that if you play the Song of Time, which is one of the only three songs brought over from "Ocarina of Time" (the others being the Song of Storms and the Sun Song), then you save the game and are reset to Day One. This is a good thing, because there are specific parts of the storyline only accessible between certain times on certain days, and you can't be in two places at once, no matter if you're wearing the Bunny Hood (doubled speed) or not.

Overall, I personally love the game. Much like Square, I'm a Nintendo fan boy and will go crazy over just about any game Nintendo puts out that's called a Master Piece. Thus, after I beat the damn game, I will be reviewing the revised version of Ocarina of Time; the Master Quest version. So far, there are many differences in the playing. But oh well! For now, enjoy some screen shots and my ratings.

Graphics: ★★★★☆
    Plot: ★★★★☆
    Music: ★★★★☆
    I just could NOT connect to the characters. End of story. Characters: ★★☆☆☆
    I couldn't really get into the story and get myself lost upon it. Depth of the Story: ★★★☆☆
    Attentiveness Kept: ★★★★☆
    -----------
    It was the Characters that killed the game's near-perfect rating. Overall rating: ★★★☆☆

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top