Elfen Lied

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elfen Lied

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:25 pm

Warning
This anime displays scenes of extreme violence and gore.The first 7 minutes of the show are considered the bloodiest in all of anime history. I've added them in the video, because viewing it turns out to be a good filter to separate the people that will enjoy Elfen Lied from the ones that will not. Watch it at your own discretion.

anime_nanet wrote:Elfen Lied Review
Elfen Lied is a thirteen-episode ecchi anime produced by ARMS studio in 2004. Its name is german for "The Song of the Elves". But I tell you, unlike the common folk tales, this elves must be quite sadistic ones, because Elfen Lied is the bloodiest anime I have ever seen... curiously, it also depicts very cute and sentimental scenes as well... it's a bipolar anime in much senses... even diclonius, the species name of the main character Lucy, is a testament to the ambiguity presented in Elfen Lied.

The story of Elfen Lied is very well presented. A horned-girl with spectacular powers escapes from a top-secret lab where she was confined, leaving a blood trail in her wake. She later meets Kohta (ou Kouta) and his cousin Yuka in Kanagawa town, but her killer instinct is gone due to a head trauma, and she appears to be an innocent and fragile girl that only says Nyu. They start to live together... but the ones that imprisoned Lucy want her back, and her bloodthirsty side takes control from time to time, endangering everyone around her...

Elfen Lied presents us with all that humanity has worse... violence, social alienation, identity crisis, jealousy, lust for revenge, animal cruelty, child abuse... all these issues go around one central theme though... discrimination to everything that goes against the norm and the fear and aggression related to it... a ever-growing problem of our society. In fact, Elfen Lied can be seen as a possible near future of our world. And that is scary!

The animation of Elfen Lied is quite good. Just a note: it depicts scenes of graphical violence and gore extremely well... I mean when a arm is ripped it even shows the tendons and bones inside of it. It's not an anime to the easily impressed people. The music is quite fine as well... the opening features Lilium, a beautiful latin-spoken song, a tune you'll encounter a lot through Elfen Lied. It also features some hair-raising ambiance sounds in the most tense scenes.

Elfen Lied is an anime that will surprise you constantly. A lot of cruel things will happen, but never in the way you expect. But it's not senseless violence. Everything has a motive to happen, and you'll appreciate learning the background and the deeper relationships that exists between the different characters.

Highly recommended. This anime made me turn around my head a couple of time, but also made me cry. The feelings that it brings to the viewer alone makes it worth watching.
I agree with the above 100% ~ Below, you can find links to the episodes directly.
Episode One : [x]
Episode Two : [x]
Episode Three : [x]
Episode Four : [x]
Episode Five : [x]
Episode Six : [x]
Episode Seven : [x]
Episode Eight : [x]
Episode Nine : [x]
Episode Ten : [x]
Episode Ten[point]Five : [x]
Episode Eleven : [x]
Episode Twelve : [x]
Episode Thirteen : [x]

Back to top Go down

Re: Elfen Lied

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:34 am

I lol'd.

Constantly.

Sucked for for that clumsy girl, though I was liked how the immediate killing of the clumsy girl basically said "This is srs business". :3

EDIT: Oh, and that sniper sucked BALLS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:26 am

this anime also have nudity so beware

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:19 am

Who cares about nudity? :P

This series is hilarious. xD The biggest sudden genre switch I've seen since Evangelion. No, screw that, it would've been better if it was as big as the manga, which would've been around 26 episodes. In fact, I should be shot for my first comment on the series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:20 pm

I'm too scared to watch D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail Parker on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:25 pm

Interesting, but I doubt I'd ever watch anything past what I just saw. Why? Because I puke easily. Simple as that. In fact, I'm somewhat surprised I didn't lose my lunch after watching that...
Abigail Parker
Veteran User
Veteran User

Male Number of posts : 4494
Humor : I rode Blaine the Mono at Lud Station, and all I got was a stupid t-shirt.

Status
Currency: 41430 munny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:36 pm

IT MADE ZACH SAY HE ALMOST PUKED SURE AS HELL I'M NOT WATCHING IT NOW D: *Cry*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:09 pm

Your lack of dark humor disgusts me.

Gtfo. 3:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:16 pm

Oh, I indeed have dark humour... Oh okat fiiine, i'll watch it, i'm just kinda scared cause it's dark and raining...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:18 pm

People get owned, falcon punched, falcon pimp slapped, pushed by a child, owned some more, nudity, etc.

Enjoi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:01 pm

Oh, it wasn't that bad. Oh yeah, and that sniper DID suck. How hard is it to shoot a walking child with freakish powers that could kill you in a second in the back of the head? I mean c'mon. I could do it blindfolded, in my sleep, with my TOUNGE. Probably

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail Parker on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:04 pm

I wouldn't even need an ANTI-TANK Rifle. I probably coulda done it with a fucking Winchester lever-action rifle. I mean, really. The dude had military training, and yet he couldn't even shoot a psychic little girl that lacked the ability to run in the back of the head?!
Abigail Parker
Veteran User
Veteran User

Humor : I rode Blaine the Mono at Lud Station, and all I got was a stupid t-shirt.

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Oh trust me, they needed an anti-tank rifle. That Winchester would've gotten you "WTFPWNED". FAST.

I've also gained a new fear of pens, and sucky snipers who can create split personalities in demonic children(No spoiler for you.) by waiting until they're fucking staring at you instead of shooting her ass in the neck while she's slowly walking to a cliff like a guard in your average stealth game.

If I was Kurama, that sniper would've gotten shot.

By me.

Out of the window.

BY MY FOOT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail Parker on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:43 pm

Bub, there's a reason why the rifle was called "The Gun that Won the West."
Abigail Parker
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:45 pm

If it ain't a .50 cal, you're getting your ass kicked.

She got fired at squadron of people with assault rifles. She Matrix'd their arse. :3

I would've done better with a blunt stick made of cotton.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail Parker on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:48 pm

But then again, seeing as how I also try diplomacy when needed, I would've just... *Remembers the helpless clumsy girl that didn't try to attack the murderous chick* Nevermind. All options are bad ones...
Abigail Parker
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:52 pm

I can make diplomacy work. It works later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail Parker on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:54 pm

Then it isn't diplomacy, General Patton...
Abigail Parker
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Oh yeah, since the guy shoots her, she looses her memory and becomes nice and stuff, if I remember correctly. But, wouldn't she have drowned? Very good questions...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:20 pm

Chris wrote:Oh yeah, since the guy shoots her, she looses her memory and becomes nice and stuff, if I remember correctly. But, wouldn't she have drowned? Very good questions...
Nu. You'll see, just watch the damn series.

Spoiler:
==NOTE, this actually IS a spoiler==
Spoiler:
Lucy and Nyuu are two different personalities in the same body. She's had them since birth. =o

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:44 pm

Mah diplomacy works. It always works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail Parker on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:50 pm

Yeah, it does. If you wanted to be a bloody despot...
Abigail Parker
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Or the stick of cotton master. :3

Or I may just know that completely insane, demented, bloodthirsty, superhuman anime girls are usually stopped if you drop your weapon and ask her to kill you.

They won't.

They never do. :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail Parker on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:07 pm

Uh-huh... From most animes I've seen (Which is a rare few. Manga is more my thing, as it attracts my inner comic book nerd.), they rip you apart eight ways to Sunday no matter what you do...
Abigail Parker
Veteran User
Veteran User

Status

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:08 pm

You didn't watch the rest of the anime. xD

I just know that in any anime, someone breaking OUT means that you shouldn't even LOOK like you want to be in her way.

Or have a pen anywhere on you.

EVER.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top